Click here to read the full story or read an excerpt below.
· Install a CO alarm inside your home near all sleeping areas and test it monthly.
· Place the CO alarm at least 15 feet away from any fuel-burning appliances.
· Have gas, oil or coal-burning appliances, chimneys and fireplaces checked by a professional every year.
· Do not use a kitchen stove or oven to heat your home.
· Never use a grill, generator or camping stove inside your home, garage or basement.
· Do not leave your car or motorcycle engine running inside a garage, even with the garage door open.