Good point and definitely worth reading. Click here to read the full article or an excerpt below.
System change won’t move non-voters and the cynical. These ideas will.
1. Mandatory voting.
2. Online voting.
3. Extended voting.
4. Supermajority votes on budgets and key issues.
5. Elect a cabinet minister.
6. Let cabinet ministers and MPs hire their own staff.
7. Disallow reading questions in Parliament and improve Question Period with questions from the public.
8. Mandatory MP constituency hours and regular public meetings.