Click here to learn more about conflicts of interest or read an excerpt below.
Here are some all too common examples of situations that are tainted by conflict of interest:
- Parents of athletes who are members of a provincial or national team are also on the board of directors of an organization,
- Presidents or directors of provincial/territorial sport organizations are also directors of national organizations,
- Coaches of teams or at clubs are directors of a provincial board or a national board,
- Employees of provincial branches also sit as directors of a national organization,
- Individuals who have business dealings with a sport organization (such as a through a sponsorship or supplier contract) also sit on its board of directors.